Sunday, April 5, 2009

Families are forever--even when you're a few thousand miles apart

Wow, it's been a while since we posted. We are trucking along quite well since Arianna's arrival. She is sleeping 3-4 hour stretches at night and loves her swing, both make things easier for mama to adjust to having 2 kids. She looks so much like Alice to Dustin and I. I feel like they're twins--just 3 years apart. I can't wait for her little personality to really come through to see how they differ.
Last weekend Dustin blessed Arianna at church. My brother, Ben and his family drove down from Indiana to be there. Even thought they were only here for a couple days, Alice loved having her cousins around to play with.
Sariah and Alice

Arianna, Jon, and Eliza
This weekend was our last weekend with Dustin before he leaves for his deployment rotation. Although I am prepared for him to go, it will be the first and longest time we've ever been apart. I am just grateful that it's only a few months and not years (go Air Force!) Plus, this is good for his career and he'll get more flying opportunities when he's home.
We'll keep you posted on any news he has.
His squadron had an Easter party which we attended this weekend. It was super windy but Alice had a great time. Pretty much if Alice has other kids to play with and she gets out of the house--she'll have a great time.



I'm going to post a couple fun videos of us. The first one is of Alice and I practicing her letters. The second is Dustin doing his best Arianna impression.


3 comments:

Amy said...

I missed the post about her birth! Congrats! You all look fabulous. And what a cute little girl! [I was just looking at Sydney's 1st birthday party pics w/ little Alice and Payden-such fun little memories.]

[love the title]

Kris Doman said...

Holy cow, she does look like Alice's mini-me! And like Dustin. That last pic they are making the same face. So cute!

Jayci said...

the title IS really cute... I agree with Amy. :) I hope it goes by QUICKLY. And you're right, go Air Force for not having huge, long, dragging deployments!